Join the Team
Thank you for your interest in Wide Angle. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Organizational Background: Wide Angle Productions is a social enterprise powered by Wide Angle Youth Media. We create compelling video content for organizations and businesses that strive to make Baltimore a healthier, happier city. We employ Baltimore City youth ages 16-24, who concept, shoot and edit stories from start to finish. They’re guided by professional mentors who teach them valuable, concrete skills that they can apply to careers in media and communications. An ideal candidate will be comfortable working alongside youth and providing technical and professional skills training as needed.
Job Description: Wide Angle Productions is seeking to video editor to assist with projects on a contractual basis in the fall of 2018. All post production services will be completed on location at Wide Angle Youth Media’s office on equipment provided. The contract will run for 12-14 weeks, starting in late August and lasting through early to mid November, 2018. The contract will require 32 hours of work per week, and has possibility for future projects. Priority will be given to candidates from Baltimore City. This is a contractual at-will position and that compensation range is between $15-$18 per hour, depending on level of experience.
The position will include a variety of post-production tasks including but not limited to:
Organizing media assets in Adobe Premiere.
Building b-roll stringers and identifying quotes.
Sourcing music tracks from online databases.
Creating full drafts of projects and participating in review sessions with Wide Angle staff and clients.
Color grading in Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve.
Audio post-production in Adobe Audition.
Assisting and mentoring younger editors on our team.
Participating in daily check-in sessions at the start and end of each work day.
Submitting bi-weekly invoices.
Additional tasks may include:
Assisting with video production shoots (skills in camera operation, lighting, and audio production are a plus).
Working with talent to record voiceover in a sound booth using Adobe Audition.
Creating graphics files in Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe After Effects.
Editing still photos in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
Work Quality: Wide Angle Productions focuses on short documentary content. We are looking for an editor who can achieve or exceed the quality of recent projects, such as:
Under Armour Uniform Reveal: https://vimeo.com/283080185
Soccer Without Borders: https://vimeo.com/275853153
Turnaround Tuesday: https://vimeo.com/236628691
Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply: Top candidates will be contacted to start the interview process on a rolling basis, with a deadline to apply on Friday, August 24, 2018. Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to relevant work samples
2 Professional References
Acceptance of positions offered to applicants of Wide Angle Media is contingent upon fingerprinted background check.
FALL LEAD & ASSIST VIDEO INSTRUCTORS
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring an outgoing and team-oriented Lead and Assist Instructors for our high school and middle school programs. Wide Angle Youth Media is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. Our programs occur during the school year in various sites including our Howard St location as well as Enoch Pratt Free Libraries. Programs typically fall between the hours of M-Th 3pm-7:30pm. Pay is $15-$18/hour (for all hours worked, including planning, preparation and contact hours).
In addition to facilitating the workshop, the LEAD/ ASSIST INSTRUCTORS are responsible for the following:
- Working with students to produce and complete final projects. Projects will be shared at the end of the semester in a closing ceremony for students and families.
- Post-production work will be required.
- Reviewing curriculum and communicating with the Assistant/Lead Instructor and Director of Programs before and after each class.
- Oversee the Food Program by serving food to students and keeping track of reporting paperwork as necessary.
- Participating in planning meetings prior to program to discuss classroom projects, curriculum and program protocol with the Director of Programs and other teaching staff.
- Assisting with field trips and a closing ceremony event as needed.
- Completing daily reports after each class, keeping track of attendance and paperwork, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
The following skills are required for the LEAD/ASSIST INSTRUCTOR position:
- Advanced experience in one or more fields: VIDEO (all aspects of video production, editing in Adobe Premier, with experience in both narrative and documentary).
- Previous experience facilitating/teaching K-12 aged youth. Preference will be given to instructors/media makers with a strong structural/race equity lens.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, young people, volunteers, and community groups.
- Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics.
- Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
- Reliable transportation is required for this position.
How to apply:
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a link to your online media via the assigned locations on this Google form by September 1, 2018. Acceptance of positions offered to applicants of Wide Angle Media is contingent upon fingerprinted background check.
- Wide Angle staff engage in ongoing Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism (ARAO) trainings to improve understanding of related issues and their impact on our students and their communities.
- Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.